Monday, November 7, 2011

Pit stops

Todays run was full of pit stops...
To talk to a boy who appeared Reese's age....
To pick up some pine cones...
To play at the park...
To stop for lots of drinks...
To have to go home early for the restroom....
To fix a bike helmet...
But maybe taking my kids with me on these runs is good for my soul...
All too soon Reese will be at school and these morning won't be possible for the three of us.

Life is short. Garrett's childhood best friend died this past week at age 29. Life is short as we were so reminded hearing that news.

A healthy me will be a better mom, wife, friend, and person... The journey will be long but I know worth it...

I did, dad, and I will again...

1 comment:

  1. The pit stops are meant to remind you WHY you're doing this (though that would get old to me pretty quick, I confess). It is SUCH a blink-of-an-eye season. Oh, for 2 more minutes back in that season.

    ReplyDelete