Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cheat Meal

I've been eating a fairly strict paleo diet since starting crossfit. The only exception is the yogurt I have for breakfast.

I'm allowing myself one cheat meal per week right now so I feel some sort of freedom and also for the sake of my sanity.

So Sunday I was craving Chuys and their delicious dip. So we went and I had quesadillas. After about 5 bites I was sick. Like sick. Could puke sick.

And it's then that it hit me. I've always eaten until stuffed. And eating whatever I wanted. I moaned all the way home. I was miserable. I felt gross. Eating paleo makes me feel good. I'm not stuffed. It's not heavy. I eat and feel I could run to Lubbock and back.

My body has been crying out far too long at what I've been feeding it. So thankful to have finally figured this out.....

1 comment:

  1. SO many foods that I REALLY like the taste of (Chuy's jalapeno dip being at the top of this list) make me horrifically sick to my stomach. Yes, healthy eating does make you FEEL better. Boring and sad? Sometimes. Feeling awesome? Usually!

    ReplyDelete