Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Monday stunk.... But Wednesday came...

I just couldn't bring myself to go Monday. I was PMSing, and I just didn't want to move.

That attitude spilled over to today. But I made myself go. And of course I'm glad I did.

We did an Amrap workout which is 15 minutes doing as many rounds as you can.

5 dead lifts
7 pushups
9 box jumps

I did 10 plus 4.

I've been struggling with my eating. I'm still doing the six small meals a day but I'm over it. I need some Mac n cheese or mashed potatoes and gravy. I need a chicken fried steak or a pizza. I allow myself either a cheat meal once or twice a week. It's Wednesday night and Sunday lunch. I didn't cheat tonight and I should be proud but I need some carbs. Oh I need some carbs. I know this is mental and I'll get through it.

I have an issue with weighing myself. I don't want to become obsessed with a number. I know me. If I don't lose significant amounts of weight each time I step on the scale I will just give up and quit. I have such a huge amount to lose I don't want to let a number stop this. I know I'm losing. I'm eating no sugars, no carbs, only filling my body with lean proteins and veggies with some fruit. I know that's good. And I know my clothes are fitting different.

I've only been at the Crossfit thing for 3 weeks. So I know I still am new at it. Thy say it takes 4 weeks for someone to notice a change in themselves. I'm praying I see something big. They say it takes 8 weeks for friends to notice and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. I just need to hang on 9 more weeks. If I can do that.... I know I can keep on.

1 comment:

  1. I know you want to see results, and I'm sure you will. But remember: you are working toward a LIFETIME of change. You are building muscle, strengthening your heart, and changing your eating habits... in the middle of the holiday season. You are doing GREAT. I do get the pull of the scale though - but short of a fatal illness, I don't think I will EVER weigh what I think my "ideal" weight is. I've just had to change what's ideal- and it includes a way of life that I can maintain.

    ReplyDelete